The computer is a tool that has been classified as important today, we take an example of the activities of the office, certain, with the computer then the work can be finished more quickly. As a user or users of a computer course we also have experienced problems with the computer. This can be caused by a mismatch of the basic components of the computer itself are usually associated with software (or software applications), hardware (hardware) or Brainware (the computer user).
Understanding Computer Troubleshooting
In the computer world, everything computer related problem called Troubleshooting and incidence of problems in the computer of course there’s why. On this occasion we will be a bit of learning to detect problems on your computer, especially related to Hardware.
For problems with software you should do a simple detection were as checking files associated with the Software or specification request (requirement) of the Software. If the problem is complex, you should re-install any software, because it would be too complicated to fix a software, while for problems with Brainware, the author can only give advice “take a break for me, he …”.
Technique in Troubleshooting
There are two kinds of techniques to detect problems in the computer, which is a technique Forward and Backward techniques. To know more about these two techniques, it helps us first discuss the definition of each of these techniques.
1. Forward Technique
As the name implies, it is in this technique detected all kinds of problems since the beginning of computers assembled and these techniques usually only used by people who frequent computer dealers computer assembly. In this technique can only be done in a simple detection of the problem and be done before the computer is turned on (electricity). To facilitate please refer to the following example:
• Once the computer has finished assembled, then was examined on all hardware has been installed, for example, examined the relationship of the Power Supply cable to the power socket on the motherboard.
• For ATX casing, we check whether the Power Switch cable is installed correctly.
2. Techniques Backward
Almost the same as the previous technique, Backward technique is a technique for detecting errors in the computer after the computer is turned on (electricity). The technique is more widely used because most problems in the new computer will emerge after “flying hours” computer is a lot and it was a natural thing. Can we take a few examples as follows:
- Floppy Disk can not read the disk either.
- The computer will not turn on when the power button is pressed on the casing.
Table Detection Problems
After a simple explanation of both techniques I will discuss more deeply into the engineering Backward, due to the users home computer course this technique will be used more than technique Forward. To further simplify the detection of problems on your computer, please refer to the following table:
Component Detection Problems
1. Power Supply Measurement Analysis
4. RAM Sound Analysis
5. VGA Card + Monitor
6. Keyboard Display Analysis
7. Card I / O
8. Disk Drive
At this stage, the detection problem by measuring the voltage on the component numbers 1 to 3. Use tools such as multitester for measuring the voltage received or given component.
Measure the voltage received by the Power Supply, then measure the voltage provided by the power supply to the other components.
At this stage detection problem using code sound (beep) owned by the BIOS and we can hear through your PC speakers. Make sure the PC Speaker cables are installed properly. Possible problem lies in the component numbers 4 and 5. To facilitate the introduction of the sound code, please refer to the following information:
- Short Beep beep one time, meaning that the system has done well Boot process.
- Short Beep beep 2 times, meaning that there is a problem in the configuration or settings in the CMOS.
- Beep beep 1 time long and short one time, meaning that there is a problem on the motherboard or DRAM.
- Beep beep 1 time long and short 2 times, meaning there is a problem on the monitor or VGA Card.
- Beep beep 1 time long and short 3 times, it means there is problem on the keyboard.
- Beep beep 1 time long and short 9 times, which means there is a problem in the ROM BIOS.
- long beep sounds continuously, meaning that there is a problem in the DRAM.
- short beep sounds continuously, meaning that there is a problem receiving voltage (power).
- In some brands Motherboard will issue beep several times when the processor temperature is too high (hot).
- Note: The code above applies beep AWARD BIOS, for other types of BIOS beep codes may have a different.
At this stage detection of problems tend to be easier because the location of the problem can be determined based on the error message displayed on the monitor. Possible problem lies in the component numbers 6 through 9.
When the computer is turned on Keyboard Error message appears, it can be ascertained only on the Keyboard layout problems.
How to Quickly Identify Troubleshooting
- If there is a problem and the system still gives a message on the monitor or be accompanied by a beep 1 or 2 times, then chances are the problem lies in the component numbers 6 through 9, on Keyboard, Card I / O, Disk Drive and Diskette.
- In the event of a problem and the system gives a beep code more than 2 times, then chances are the problem lies in the component numbers 4 and 5, ie RAM, VGA Card and Monitor.
- As for problems that are not accompanied by a message on the monitor or a beep code, chances are the problem lies in the number of components 1 and 2, namely Power Suplly and Motherboard.
With both kinds of techniques in the detection of an issue with the computer, it will further enrich our knowledge in the field of computers, so if one day there is a problem with your computer that we can carry out checks before bringing to the service, even if it should be brought to the service we’ve understand the problem, so we are not deceived by a rogue repairmen;)
By understanding the deeper troubleshooting computers would be more easier for us to locate the problem in the computer and would be more fun if we can fix the problem yourself. Hopefully a simple discussion about troubleshooting this can be useful, good luck and thank you.